Lena Dunham Rips Magazine For Promoting Her Weight Loss 'Diet Tips'
Lena Dunham wants you to know she is not here to teach you about weight loss or tell you what to do with your body.
The Girls creator and starring posted a scathing Instagram post on Sunday night, which presented a publication touting 20 slimdown diet tips-off stars are using with her body on the cover-up. The caption saysLena: How she gets motivated.
Lena posted a longlist of her own 20 diet tips-off in the photos caption. It reads,
20 slimdown diet tips-off!
1. nervousnes ailment*
2. resultant constant nausea
3. an election that discloses the true depths of American misogyny
4. constant sweaty dreamings of dystopian future
5. abdominal adhesions pinning ovary below uterus*
6. baseless but still harrowing threats to physical safety online and through smail mail
7. watching institutions you love from Planned Parenthood to PBS be threatened by cartoon mustache-twirling villains
8. finally realizing superheroes arent real( specifically the X-Factor, genuinely thought theyd handle this)
9. marching your ass off
10. a quiet rage that replaces need for food with need for revenge
11. sleeping 19 hours a day
12. realizing that even the liberal media wants dem clicks no matter whut
13. fretting ceaselessly about the health and safety of women you know and women you dont
14. realizing who ya real friends are
15. having to switch from Uber to Lyft( lots of calories burned trying to understand a new app, then even more trying to understand if the conflict was resolved)
16. bladder cramp, urinary frequency and importance*
17. having your telephone number leaked and violent images texted to your telephone by randos under names like VERYFATCHUCKYBOY @creepz. com
18. maintaining your back arched against the wind
19. um, who the fuck cares?
20. I have no tips I devote no tips I dont want to be on this encompas cuz its diametrically opposed to everything Ive fought my whole career for and its not a compliment to me because its not an achievement thanx* Star indicates a pre-existing condition
This isnt the first time Lena has fired back at the media for using her weight loss as a story headline. Back in March, she posted this Instagram after being celebrated for falling pounds in before-and-after images.
Part of the caption reads,
My weight loss isnt a victory and it also isnt some sign Ive eventually given in to the voices of trolls.
I refuse to celebrate these bullshit before-and-after images. Dont we have infinitely more pressing news to attend to?
Im with you, Lena. Its not the medias task to tell people to lose weight, HOW to lose weight, what celebrities are doing to get toned bodies, or anything of the sort. Your body is your body, and its beautiful in every way.